The Elementals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elementals

We are a clan that will rise up and destroy the other clans.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes

Go down 
5 posters

What Would You Like to Throw At Coontank?
Tomatoes- This is the worst team I've ever seen
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_lcap11%Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Pies- This team is just funny, It won't work too well, but it's not terrible
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_lcap33%Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Bananas- I don't really know what to think about this team... you'd have to try it out
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_lcap44%Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Flowers- Awesome team! Good luck with it!
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_lcap11%Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Coontank!

Coontank!

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Empty
PostSubject: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 pm

TEAM EDIT #2

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa450
Hippowdon @ Leftovers; Impish
Sand Stream
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpDef
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Stone Edge
Set up Stealth Rock, attack, and heal as I see fit.

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa395
Empoleon @ Petaya Berry; Modest
Torrent
12 HP / 252 SpAtk / 244 Spd
-Surf
-Agility
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
A more effective way to deal with some of the team's weaknesses. Empoleon resists Ice and Water most importantly.

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa448
Lucario @ Life Orb; Timid
Inner Focus
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
-Vaccum Wave
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Dragon Pulse
Just a simple Special attacker. Not an SD Lucario because this team need more offensively from the Special end of things.

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa248
Tyranitar @ Leftovers; Brave
Sand Stream
252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SpAtk / 28 Spd
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
Tyraniboah set, nothing too surprising. Just a little scary.

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa389
Torterra @ Leftovers; Impish
Overgrow
212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Protect
Torterra can easily switch into Water type attacks that are sure to come at this team.

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa227
Skarmory @ Leftovers; Impish
Keen Eye
252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
-Toxic
-Spikes
Spikes damage to compliment Stealth Rock, Toxic for even more residual damage. Whirlwind to spread.

Last edited by Coontank! on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rezon

Rezon

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:20 am

Coontank! wrote:
I battle in OU all the time, but I've never actually ventured out of UU when selecting Pokemon for my own teams. Well I decided that I'd attempt an OU team of my own this time. Standstorm being one of my favorite battle conditions, and Ground/Rock/Steel being some of my favorite types, I went for that sort of team. I remind you that this IS my first attempt at OU, so point out everything wrong that you can. Tear it apart if you please Smile

Lead
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa450
Hippowdon @ Leftovers; Impish
Sand Stream
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpDef
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Roar
Roar aids Stealth Rock damaging foes and scouts out any threats for your team.

Baton Pass Support
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa472
Gliscor @ Leftovers; Timid
Sand Veil
252 HP / 196 SpDef / 60 Spd
-Taunt
-Rock Polish
-Baton Pass
-Arial Ace
Taunt to prevent setups, Rock Polish, and Baton Pass. Arial Ace to cover the team’s large Fighting weakness. Can pass to either Tyranitar, Cacturne, or Lucario for the best effect.

Special Sweeper/Wall
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa448
Lucario @ Leftovers; Modest
Inner Focus
4 HP / 128 Def / 252 SpAtk / 128 SpDef
-Calm Mind
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse is better since it can hit incoming Normal types which Shadow Ball fails at. Dragon Pulse obviously hits the dragons

Physical Sweeper
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa409
Rampardos @ Choice Scarf; Adamant
Mold Breaker
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Stone Edge
-Zen Headbutt
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
I suggest changing this to Rock Polish Rhyperior or Scizor due to there ability to sweep better. In OU the threats like Lucario and Scizor lurk everywhere so this fails as they both OHKO you with Bullet Punch and Extreemspeed

Mixed Sweeper
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa248
Tyranitar @ Leftovers; Brave
Sand Stream
252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SpAtk / 28 Spd
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
Tyraniboah set, nothing too surprising. Just a little scary.

Annoyer
Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Dpmfa332
Cacturne @ Bright Powder; Adamant
Sand Veil
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
-Sucker Punch
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Seed Bomb
Also NU, but it's interesting and probably won't be expected. This set uses evasion. Bright Powder plus Sand Viel will make Cacturne hard to hit. Substitute on top of that could give it some free Swords Dances so it can hit hard with STAB Sucker Punches and Seed Bombs.

So that's my first OU team. I'm sure I have gaping holes in this all over the place, so feel free to bash it. Thanks to those who help, I appreciate it! Smile

Suggestions in BOld
Back to top Go down
pieman556

pieman556

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:26 pm

I think this team definitely looks great on paper, but I would have to try it out. Also, a sand based team would be unexpected in my book. I think that rezon summed up what I was going to say with hippowdon and lucario. You also could replace Rampardos with ryperior. Though you could just switch lucario on the bp. That's just what I have to say, ignore it if u want, and gl with ur team Coon.
Back to top Go down
Darkrai00
Admin
Darkrai00

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:01 pm

it looks pretty good, the only thing i would say is that on ramparados i wouldnt use choice scarf, cause hes so slow that it doesnt really give him that edge you want, might i suggest flygon for choice scarf? and not sure on cacturne, but isnt bright powder a hax item? just wanna make sure
Back to top Go down
pieman556

pieman556

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Yes, I believe that Bright Powder is a hax item, I was going to say that but I forgot.
Back to top Go down
Coontank!

Coontank!

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey guys, thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to take all of them into consideration, because, quite frankly, this needs a lot of work.

I also know that this team has considerable weaknesses to water, grass, and fighting. I actually had an Aerodactyl on this team originally that could deal with some of those, so I think I might put it back on. I'm also going to make Lucario not try to be bulky, because it isn't meant to be. Those changes to come among others.

I'm doing some major editing, so I'll repost when I make them all.

As for Bright Powder, I thought it was a hax item too, except that it was one of the suggested items on Smogon. Don't they usually take the Standard Rules into consideration? Well at any rate, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternate item?

Thanks so much to all of you!
Back to top Go down
Coontank!

Coontank!

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Edited the first post.
Back to top Go down
Rezon

Rezon

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:20 pm

I suggest making Lucario a SD Sweeper and changing Aerodactyl to SubPetaya Empoleon.
Empoleon w/ Petaya Berry
Modest
Torrent
12 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 244 Spe
Surf
Agility
Ice Beam
Substitute

This set after an Agility and after you activate the Petaya berry is one of the most dangerous threats in all of OU. Surf + Torrent + Petaya Boost = Sheer Murder
Torterra can already handle the Waters so Ice Beam hits the Dragons. The 12 HP lets you activate Petaya after 3 Subs. Say you have 30 HP Ivs then you can just add 4 Evs into HP and take away from Speed. You can do this for how many Ivs in HP you have
Back to top Go down
Coontank!

Coontank!

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:36 am

That would be a useful addition. Thanks Rezon.

I also added Skarmory and edited Lucario's and Hippowdon's moveset. First post is edited.
Back to top Go down
Coontank!

Coontank!

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Just bumping this in case anyone wants to make any last-minute suggestions. I'm gonna start breeding these guys this week.
Back to top Go down
natopotato 22
Admin
natopotato 22

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm

oh yeah I forgot to tell you this but when darkrai00 was at my house he voted for all the choices so that is why you have one for each.
Back to top Go down
https://elementals.forumotion.net
Coontank!

Coontank!

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Haha well that explains why I have one vote on "this is the worst team I have ever seen." I know it's not a great team, but I knew it wasn't THAT bad lol XD
Back to top Go down
Darkrai00
Admin
Darkrai00

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:29 pm

haha, yeah sorry about that lol
Back to top Go down
Coontank!

Coontank!

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Haha it's cool Smile

So any last suggestions or comments, anyone? Is it at least better than the first draft?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes   Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coontank's First Attempt At OU- your chance to laugh and throw tomatoes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elementals :: Wifi Center :: Team Builder-
Jump to: